10 Creative Ways to Clean with Vinegar
Chances are there is a super hero in your house at this very moment. Vinegar, disguised as a common ingredient, is actually a super hero with the ability to promote good health, clean your house and even deodorize smelly spaces.
10 Ways to Start Using Vinegar Today
- Mix one part white vinegar and one part water in a spray bottle for a quick, basic household cleaner.
- Cleaning toilet bowls with white vinegar removes stubborn stains.
- Unclog a drain by pouring ½ cup of baking soda down the drain, followed by ½ cup white vinegar. Cover and let sit for 30 minutes before flushing it with boiling water.
- Fade age spots by mixing equal parts undiluted raw apple cider vinegar with raw onion juice. Apply with cotton ball to age spots twice daily and watch them fade within a month.
- Remove pesticides by soaking vegetables in a mixture of 2 tablespoons raw apple cider vinegar to 1 quart of water.
- Soothe sunburns with one cup of apple cider vinegar added to a cool bathtub of water to soak in.
- Remove stale cigarette smells and other odors with two cups of white or raw apple cider vinegar. Pour the vinegar in a bowl and allow it to sit in the room for a day.
- Clean silverware and jewelry in 1/2 cup of white vinegar and two tablespoons of baking soda. Let the items soak in the mixture for three hours.
- A sponge soaked with white vinegar can remove pen marks from a blouse or even the wall.
- White vinegar on a sticker lifts the adhesive so you can remove it without leaving a sticky residue.
If you’d rather leave the cleaning to the professionals, schedule your green cleaning service here.