Terms of Service
Please read these Terms and Conditions (“Terms”) carefully before using the http://www.greenhouseecocleaning.com (the “Site”) and its services (the “Service”) operated by GreenHouse Eco-Cleaning, LLC (our “Company” or “GreenHouse”).
The GreenHouse Site all related sites and applications, and the various content, features, and services offered on and in connection with these sites and applications are owned and operated by Greenhouse and can only be accessed and used by you under the Terms described below.
Your access to and use of the Service is conditioned on your acceptance of and compliance with these Terms. These Terms apply to all visitors, users and others who access or use the website and the Service.
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS CAREFULLY. By accessing or using the Service you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you disagree with any part of the terms then you may not/should not access or use the Service.
Modifications of Terms
GreenHouse may, in its sole discretion, modify these Terms at any time effective upon posting the modified Terms on and in connection with the Site and the Services, with or without additional notice to you. You are responsible for regularly reviewing information posted on the Site and the Services to obtain timely notice of such changes, and if you do not agree to the amended terms, you agree to immediately stop using the Site and the Services and to provide GreenHouse notice to remove you from any communication list that are available to you through your use of the Site and the Services. YOUR CONTINUED USE OF THE SITE AND SERVICES AFTER SUCH POSTING (OR OTHER NOTIFICATION, IF ANY) MEANS YOU ACCEPT AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE MODIFIED TERMS.
As a condition of your access and use of the Site, you agree not to use the Site for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these Terms, or any other purpose not reasonably intended by GreenHouse. By way of example, and not as a limitation, you agree not to:
- intentionally or unintentionally violate these Terms, other applicable agreement with GreenHouse, and any applicable local, state, national or international law, and any rules and regulations having the force of law;
- use the Site in any manner that violates any relevant law or that infringes, misappropriates or violates any third party’s rights, including, but not limited to, transmitting any Content that may infringe, misappropriate or violate a third party’s rights of publicity, contractual rights, fiduciary rights or intellectual property rights;
- use the Site or any content on the Site for any purposes not authorized by this Terms, including commercial, political, or religious purposes;
- reproduce, duplicate, copy, modify, sell, re-sell or exploit any content on the Site for any commercial, educational, or any other purpose, without the express written consent of GreenHouse, which consent may be withheld by GreenHouse in our sole discretion;
- interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Site or any activities conducted on the Site;
- knowingly provide or submit false or misleading information;
- attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Site;
- use the Site in any way that could interfere with the rights of GreenHouse;
- attempt to gain unauthorized access to any portion or feature of the Site or to any server used by GreenHouse by hacking, password ‘mining’ or any other illegitimate or unauthorized means, including attempting to obtain password, account, or any other personal or private information from the Site;
- transmit or submit any transmission or other materials that are encrypted or that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, spiders, cancel bots or other computer programming routines that is likely or intended to damage, interfere with, disrupt, impair, disable or otherwise overburden the Site;
- access, download, monitor, or copy any information contained on our Site through artificial means (including but not limited to use any ‘deep-link’, ‘scraper’, ‘robot’, ‘spider’ or other automatic device, program, algorithm or methodology, or any similar or equivalent automatic or manual process, or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Site or any content, to obtain or attempt to obtain any content, materials, documents or information through any means not purposely made available through the Site; or
- probe, scan or test the vulnerability of the Site or any network connected to the Site, nor breach the security or authentication measures on or of the Site or any network connected to the Site. You may not reverse look-up, trace or seek to trace any information on any other user of the Site in any way where the purpose is to reveal any information other than your own information.
If you wish to purchase any product or service made available through the Service (“Purchase”), you may be asked to supply certain information relevant to your Purchase including, without limitation, your address and credit card information and billing information.
Some parts of the Service are billed on a subscription basis (“Subscription(s)”). For those parts of the Service, you will be billed in advance on a recurring basis 24-48 hours in advance of the provision of that Service using the credit card you have provided.
You agree to notify GreenHouse not less than 48 hours prior to the date of any cleaning Service if there are any additional or special cleaning services that you would like for GreenHouse to perform. Any such additional or special cleaning services will be subject to the terms of GreenHouse’s service list & policies. Minimum hours and fees may be adjusted based on the requested changes.
Payment and Refund Policy
Payment for all residential cleaning services must be made in full prior to the commencement of Service, including any cleaning Service. Payment may only be made by credit card. If for any reason, payment is not made in advance, you agree to pay GreenHouse a late fee equal to 10% of the total amount due and unpaid, and you agree to pay and/or reimburse GreenHouse for any and all costs and expenses (including reasonable legal fees) incurred by GreenHouse in attempting to collect such amounts. If you enroll in automatic credit card billing with GreenHouse and thereafter would like to cancel any cleaning Service, you must send a written request to GreenHouse not less than 2 days prior to the next scheduled Service.
Advance payment of services will be refunded so long as you comply with the GreenHouse cancellation policy set forth below. You must clearly state Service specifications prior to any Service date to GreenHouse as set forth in “Conditions” above. You take sole responsibility for reviewing the Services performed after such Services have been completed. GreenHouse will, if necessary, provide return visits within 24-48 hours of the originally completed service in order to resolve any complaints. A list of tasks must be agreed upon prior to the return visit and cannot be altered thereafter. To ensure your satisfaction, GreenHouse regularly schedules quality assurance checks on at least a quarterly basis.
You must notify GreenHouse of any proposed Service cancellation at least 48 hours before any scheduled cleaning Service. Cancellations made less than 48 hours prior to any scheduled cleaning Service will result in your being charged the full cost of that scheduled cleaning Service.
GreenHouse requires a 4-hour minimum for all initial cleanings and a 3-hour minimum for subsequent cleaning Services. The minimum hours per Service applies to each cleaning professional respectively – regardless of whether you release any of our cleaning professionals prior to the scheduled completion time. If you have not used the service in over 4 months the initial rate and minimum will apply.
YOU AGREE, WHILE GREENHOUSE IS PROVIDING SERVICES TO YOU AND FOR A PERIOD OF ONE YEAR AFTER GREENHOUSE CEASES PROVIDING SERVICES TO YOU, NOT TO, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, SOLICIT, HIRE, DIVERT OR TAKE AWAY, OR ATTEMPT TO SOLICIT, HIRE, DIVERT OR TAKE AWAY FROM GREENHOUSE, OR OFFER EMPLOYMENT OR ANY CONSULTING ARRANGEMENT TO, ANY PERSON WHO IS OR WAS AT ANY TIME DURING SUCH PERIOD EMPLOYED BY, ASSOCIATED WITH OR A CONSULTANT TO GREENHOUSE. ANY SUCH SOLICITATION, HIRING OR DIVERSION WILL BE DEEMED A DIRECT AND INTENTIONAL VIOLATION OF THIS AGREEMENT AND THEREFORE, AT GREENHOUSE’S ELECTION, GREENHOUSE MAY (I) TERMINATE ANY FURTHER OBLIGATIONS TO YOU AND (II) TERMINATE THIS AGREEMENT. FURTHER, IF YOU BREACH THIS NON-SOLICITATION PROVISION, YOU AGREE TO PAY TO GREENHOUSE A FINDER’S FEE OF $15,000 WITH RESPECT TO EACH SUCH INDIVIDUAL THAT YOU SOLICIT IN VIOLATION HEREOF, AS LIQUIDATED DAMAGES.
Limitation of Liability
You agree to notify GreenHouse within 48 hours of any cleaning Service if you believe any items are lost or damaged during the performance of those Services. Additionally, you must notify GreenHouse in advance of any cleaning services if any household items or fixtures are broken or fragile, and GreenHouse will not be responsible for any loss or damage to such items in connection with its providing cleaning Services unless GreenHouse is so notified. If you request that GreenHouse clean window blinds, GreenHouse will not be responsible for any damage or loss if such blinds are damaged in the cleaning process. If you request that cleaning specialists use any particular product or cleaning device or tool, GreenHouse will not be responsible for any damage that such product or cleaning device or tool many cause.
In no event will GreenHouse be responsible to you for any indirect, incidental, consequential, exemplary, special or punitive damages, including loss of use, in connection with, or related to the performance of this agreement or any Service hereunder.
Delays and Accessibility
The Sites may be subject to limitations, delays, failure, and other problems inherent in the use of the internet and electronic communications. GreenHouse is not responsible for any delays, failures or other damage resulting from such problems.
Trademarks and Copyrights
GreenHouse and the graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, scripts, and service names are the trademarks or trade dress of GreenHouse. These trademarks and trade dress may not be used, including as part of trademarks and/or as part of domain names, keyword advertisements, or email addresses, or in connection with any product or service in any manner that is likely to cause confusion.
By approving this form, you understand and agree to the following:
- You have read the GreenHouse general service menu or have submitted a customized list of duties you would like completed during your Service.
- You have read & agree to GreenHouse’s Payment & Refund Policy and GreenHouse’s Cancellation Policy.
- You have identified to GreenHouse any fragile or broken items.
- You understand that GreenHouse does not accept tips via credit card. Tipping is greatly appreciated and is typically 15-20% of the regular cleaning Service cost. Tips in the form of cash can be left in small envelopes with clear instructions along with the cleaning professional(s)’ name (s).
- You have agreed to allow GreenHouse to use its own cleaning products. You will not request that GreenHouse cleaning professionals use chemical based products. GreenHouse will only use environmentally friendly supplies (vegetable base, aromatherapy/essential oils products).
- You will provide GreenHouse with (i) a toilet bowl brush, (ii) mop, (iii) vacuum, (iv) trash/recycle bags, (v) bucket and (vi) broom. If these items are not provided it will directly affect the quality of GreenHouse’s work. If GreenHouse supplies these items you agree to pay a $50 surcharge and/or a separate fee for vacuum rental.
- Upon arrival at your home or business, GreenHouse may need to increase the number of hours needed to complete your cleaning. If you have inadequately described or underestimated the square footage, number of floors, etc., GreenHouse may not be able to extend service to accommodate any change in scope. GreenHouse’s cleaning professionals’ schedules are booked based on client’s description of the job, and extending service beyond the minimum number of hours might not always be possible. As a result, it is important to be as accurate as possible.
- You understand and agree to GreenHouse’s Personnel & Non-solicitation policy and the liquidated damages as outlined above.
Warranties and Disclaimers.
You access and use the site at your own risk. The site is provided on an ‘as is, as available’ basis without warranty of any kind and any and all warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement are specifically disclaimed.
Any material accessed, downloaded, or otherwise obtained through the use of the site is done at your own discretion and risk and you will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from the download of any such material. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from greenhouse or through or from the site shall create any warranty not expressly stated in the terms.
Greenhouse shall use reasonable efforts to protect information submitted by you in connection with the services, but you acknowledge and agree that your submission of such information is at your sole risk, and greenhouse hereby disclaims any and all liability to you for any loss or liability relating to such information in any way.
You acknowledge and confirm that you have read and approve the terms and conditions set forth in these Terms. You further confirm your agreement to comply with each applicable item in these Terms.
These Terms and the relationship between you and GreenHouse will be governed by the laws of the State of New York, notwithstanding the choice of law provisions of the venue where any action is brought, where the violation occurred, where you may be located or any other jurisdiction. You agree and consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state or federal courts located in Brooklyn, New York and waive any defense of lack of personal jurisdiction or improper venue or forum non conveniens to a claim brought in such court, except that GreenHouse may elect, in its sole discretion, to litigate the action in the county or state where any breach by you occurred or where you can be found. You agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out or related to your use of the Site the Service or these Terms shall be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or will forever be barred.