Last Updated: August 14, 2017
Information You Provide to Us
1.1. Information Provided by Customers
- Registration and Profile Information. When you sign up for Greenhouse as a Customer, you provide your name, email address, physical address, and phone number. If you sign up using your Facebook account, we receive your name and email address. After registration, Customers can add multiple delivery addresses to their profile.
- Payment Information. When you add a payment card to your Greenhouse account, a third-party payments service provider receives your card information. To help keep your financial data secure, we never store full payment card information on our servers.
1.2. Information Provided by Prospective and Active Employees
- Employment Information. When you accept a position to become an Employee, you provide your name, Social Security Number, date of birth, email address, physical address, phone number, photo, driver’s license information, and proof that you are legal to work in the US. We share this information with third-party providers who initiate background check reports for the prospective employee. Additional information about the third parties who run the background checks can be provided.
- Payment Information. We receive Employees’ bank account and tax information to provide payment and for tax reporting purposes.
1.3. Information Provided by Merchants and Partners
- Profile Information. A Merchant who signs up for our Service provides us with the business’s physical address, hours, and product information. We also collect product information from Partners.
- Payment Information. We may receive Merchants’ bank account information to provide payment.
1.4. Information Provided by All Users
- If you contact us directly, we may receive additional information about you. For example, when you contact our Customer Support team, we will receive your name, email address, and the contents of any message or attachments that you may send to us, as well as any other information you choose to provide, i.e. photos and videos.
2. Information We Collect
2.1. Information We Collect When You Use Our Service
- Usage Information. We automatically receive information about your interactions with our Service, such as the pages or other content you view, the products you search for or purchase, and the dates and times of your visits, to help us understand how you use our Service, help us improve our Service, and provide you information about our Service, our Merchants, and our Partners.
- Call, Chat and Email Information. We work with one or more third parties to facilitate phone calls, chats and email messages between Customers and Support team. We receive information about these communications including the date and time of the call or email message, the parties’ phone numbers, and the content of the email messages. We do not record or have access to the content of the phone calls.
- User Feedback. Customers and Employees can rate and review each other at the end of every service. After a service, we may share feedback or comments that Customers provide with Employees, but we will not identify the Customer. We may also share with Employees their aggregate ratings.
3. Information We Receive from Third Parties
3.1. Information We Receive About Customers
- If you request a purchase through one of our Partners that offers delivery via Greenhouse, we receive information about your purchase, including your name, phone number, the product you purchased, and the delivery location.
3.2. Additional Information We Receive About Prospective and Active Employees
- Background Information on Employees. Greenhouse works with third-party providers to perform criminal background checks on Prospective and active Employees, and in all instances these third parties provide Prospective and active Employees’ records to Greenhouse as part of the background check process.
4. How We Use Information We Collect From Users
4.1. Uses of Information Collected from All Users
We may use the information we collect from all Users to:
- Provide, improve, expand, and promote our Service;
- Analyze how you use our Service;
- Communicate with you, either directly or through one of our service providers, including for marketing and promotional purposes;
- Facilitate transactions, deliveries, and payments;
- Respond to customer support questions;
- Find and prevent fraud; and
- Respond to any issues that may arise during service.
4.2. Additional Uses of Prospective and Active Employee Information
Additionally, we use information from Prospective and active Employees for the following purposes related to the Service:
- Determining whether to grant a Prospective Employee access to our Service, and
- Sending emails and text messages to Prospective and active Employees regarding their Greenhouse schedule, available services, customer requests and other opportunities, and additional information about our Service.
4.3. Additional Uses of Merchant Information
Additionally, we use the information we collect from Merchants to notify them about orders, deliveries, and returns, and for other administrative and marketing purposes.
5. How Greenhouse Shares Information It Collects From Users
5.1. Sharing between Customers and Employees
Once an Employee accepts a service for a Customer, the Customer can receive the employees first name and last initial and the Employee can see the name the Customer provided when booking. During a service the Employee is able to see the Customer’s service address. Before, during or after a Service, Customers should not contact Employees directly but rather contact customer support via call, email or chat. Customers and Employees phone numbers are masked and, only in rare instances, may they be able to see the other’s phone number. There should never be an exchange of personal information between Customer and Employee that is providing onsite service. After a Service, Greenhouse may share feedback or comments that a Customer provided with an Employee, but we will not identify the Customer. We may also share with Employees their aggregate ratings.
5.2. Service Providers
We share your information with service providers that perform services on our behalf, including all of the uses described in Section 4 above.
5.3. Other Sharing
We may share your information with third parties in the following cases:
- Where disclosure is required or appropriate in order to comply with laws, regulations, legal process, or a governmental request;
- With law enforcement officials, government authorities, or third parties, if we think doing so is necessary protect the rights, property, or safety of Greenhouse, our Customers, our Employees or the public;
- To protect the security or integrity of our Service;
- To enforce our agreements, policies, and Terms of Service;
- To respond to an emergency which we believe in good faith requires us to disclose information to assist in preventing the death or serious bodily injury of any person;
- To investigate and defend ourselves or others against any third-party claims or allegations;
- To provide information about the use of our Service to Employees, Merchants, Partners, or potential business partners in aggregated or de-identified form that cannot reasonably be used to identify you;
- While negotiating or in relation to a business transaction, such as a merger, sale of assets, or bankruptcy; and
- Whenever you consent to the sharing.
6. Your Choices
Profile Information. You can update your profile information through your profile settings. If you need to change the email address associated with your account, please contact us via email (email@example.com)
Location Information. Customer and Employee location is core to our Service and without it, you may not be able to successfully use our Service.
Email Subscriptions. You can always unsubscribe from our promotional emails via the link provided in the emails. Even if you opt out from receiving promotional messages from us, you will continue to receive administrative messages from us.
7. Data Security
We are committed to protecting your information. Even though we take precautions to protect Users’ data, no security measures can be 100% secure, and we cannot guarantee the security of Users’ data.
8. Children’s Privacy
Greenhouse is not directed to children, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you believe that a child under the age of 13 has given us personal information, please contact us via customer support at firstname.lastname@example.org
10. Contact Information